Saturday, September 1, 2012

Homemade Coconut Creamer...For Coffee

Check out my new novel...(Take the journey!)

By far, the best tasting coffee is French Markets Chicory.  It's bold and rich, full of flavor, and a New Orleans tradition - Way better than Starbucks and every time I serve it to someone they always ask...

"What kind of coffee is this?"  

Now that I'm changing my dairy intake and have fallen in love with the coconut products, from sugar, aminos, oil etc, I've now discovered how easy it is to make my own coffee creamer and it's a lot better flavor than the ones you can purchase at the market and a lot less expensive.

Plus, I control the ingredients which makes a big difference - because I know what goes in my body.  

So put on a pot, whip up some Homemade Coconut Coffee Creamer and enjoy this beautiful day on Labor Day Weekend.  The weather is perfect this year, not too hot and my creative mind is flowing with lots of ideas for the upcoming seasonal change.   Did I tell you I'm writing a novel?  Well I am and it's going to be a lovely weekend stirring up my story!

Homemade Coconut Coffee Creamer

2 Cups Coconut Milk (Not canned, I use unsweetened Original So Delicious Brand)
4 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
1 Vanilla Bean, Seeds Removed

In a small sauce pan over a low heat, whisk together the coconut milk and maple syrup.  Then scrape the vanilla bean and remove the seeds, add to the coconut milk mixture.  Stir in and remove from heat.  Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the vanilla bean seeds.  Allow to cool and pour in a glass container.  Store in refrigerator.  Should keep about 10 days.  

Mix it up and add some additional flavors:

Hazelnut Creamer
2 teaspoons Hazelnut Extract

Mexican Coffee
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
Pinch Cinnamon


Coffee never tasted so good...Time to write!

Stormy


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete