Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Balance is Key

I believe in balance in everything I do and it impacts the way I feel.  Being a true Libra, I have to find balance in my life.  If I don't it's out of whack. If I'm out of decision on something, I can't move forward and feel good about it until I make a decision.   I also believe that balance is the key to eating healthy.  Forget the prepackaged vacuum sealed food programs, the frozen dinners under 400 calories, don't eat your proteins with carbs or don't eat fruit with anything else, make sure to weigh your food, portion control to the size of your fist, don't eat fat, eat fat free blah, blah, blah.  We need to live and find balance in our lives and going on a diet is not fun, no matter how you spin it.  

The only way to make a healthy lifestyle work is to find balance.  But you have to mindful of what you put in your mouth.  Eating processed foods are not good choices but there will be times when you don't have any other option and if you eat processed foods, then choose wisely.  Fat free packaged foods are filled with unnecessary ingredients that bring absolutely no value to your body.  So what's the point?  

I decided to eliminate wheat from my diet after doing some research on my inflammation I was experiencing and then I read the book Wheat Belly.  That is when I started to eliminate most processed foods because almost everything processed contains some form of wheat plus a list of other ingredients that you can't pronounce.  I always read the ingredients and make sure they are whole ingredients.  

I enjoy cooking and I don't find it daunting to cook with whole foods and frankly it's not that difficult if you learn how to keep fresh ingredients on hand to pull meals together.  My goal to help educate people on how to cook using whole foods, nutrient ingredients and high quality products.  By slowly eliminating items from your pantry and replacing them with the right ingredients, you will begin to build a healthy pantry.  Then when you make your grocery list, it will consist of fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs and meats.  Eventually your grocery bills go down, no trips through the drive thru and you will be eating balanced healthy meals each day.

Becoming a "Healthy Foodie" is where you want your mind set.  Reach for natural foods and good quality products to make you feel better and be more energized.  Balancing your proteins, carbs and fats are important and of course eating vegetables at every meal is always good for fiber.   Brighten your foods by using fresh herbs, they will transform any dish and variety of spices will turn boring vegetables into flavorful vegetables.

Diets Don't Work - Balance Works

Gift yourself a Twist of Life and find balance.  Quit obsessing over dieting and learn to eat and live with balance.  If you have oatmeal for breakfast, have a salad for lunch, for dinner have vegetables and protein.  Don't repeat the same meals in the same day, balance it out.  If you have something with more calories at one meal, eat less on your next meal and try to eat vegetables maybe in a salad, grilled, roasted or sauteed.  Balance it throughout the week so your body processes it the correct way and not store it.  Cook with nutrient rich oils and eat healthy fats such as avocados and nuts.  Just make sure you put food in your mouth that has a purpose.  It will make all the difference in how you feel.

Thanks for stopping by...Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment