Monday, August 27, 2012

Gluten Free Grilled Pizza Project

Look at that beautiful grilled pizza.  Doesn't it look great?  My son loves grilled pizzas and it was always something we enjoyed doing on the weekend or when we had company because you can't get a pizza like that with take out.  They are super easy to make and when you use fresh dough, fresh mozzarella, sauce and basil you can't go wrong. 

   


This past weekend my son was begging me to make him some grilled pizza so I went my specialty store and bought the ingredients.  After being wheat free/gluten free for over 14 weeks, I have lost my interest in breads, pasta and pizza.  But they had some gluten free pizza crusts at the specialty Italian store I frequent and thought I would give it a try.  

It looks good on that grill but what a disappointment.  The crust was crispy from the grill but I had no interest in eating it after one bite.  Not that the crust was bad but because I have reprogrammed my body by eating healthier foods, that I didn't want the pizza, didn't care, didn't eat more than one piece.  

That would have not been the case prior my healthy changes.  So I just had to post this message to all of my peeps out there that are wondering...

"How do you do it without eating bread or pasta?" 

That's the beauty of eating better and how your body will crave the right foods and not the wrong foods.  It's taken me a long time to get this right.  Slowly but surely, its coming off - and I know it will take some time but I feel so much better and when I don't want to eat more than one piece of pizza, I know I must be doing something right.

Most people try to replace their breads, pasta, cereals and pizzas with gluten free products that are made with poor substitutes.  It's not worth it.  

Gluten free pasta...Yuk  I would rather have an eggplant lasagna than substitute pasta with quinoa, rice or corn pasta.  It's Gross!  I don't care how much sauce you put on it, it sucks.  Really

Ever thought about cutting wheat from your diet?  Try it for 2 weeks and replace it with greens, fruits and more vegetables.  Eat organic meats and eggs.  Don't try to eat Gluten Free processed foods, they are not worth the trade out and it won't bring any value to your meals. 

So...the moral of the story is...I didn't need the pizza

Eat Fresh - Not Gluten Free Processed Substitutes

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment