Monday, February 24, 2014

Eggs in a Hole...Oh My


Good Morning - This was such a popular post back in 2012 that I thought I would post it again since I made it quickly this morning as I'm running out the door - my mission on this busy week...

Posted June 2012

Learning to swap out bread is the key to my journey of not consuming wheat products.  One of my favorite morning breakfast items was egg and toast.  So I had to find a way to improvise that was healthier option that provided fiber. 

I had some eggplant in the fridge that I was going to use to fill with the spaghetti sauce I made yesterday but I wasn't hungry after eating the my late afternoon snack of Savory Stuffed Banana Peppers so this morning I thought I would try out this eggplant to whip up a quick breakfast.  BINGO!  Worked like a charm and very tasty.  Actually better than the bread I used to have instead. Who would have thought...

I just cut off a couple of slices of eggplant, cored the middle and cooked it in some coconut oil, a little of my Summer Salt Blend Seasoning (I'll post that soon - just my all purpose seasoning mix I keep on hand with Himalayan Pink Salt) and then I added a an egg in the middle after I flipped the first side.  I put a lid over it to cook it slowly on lower heat to cook the top slightly.  Added some chopped cilantro and a little garlic chili sauce for dipping.  (Got to have a little spice.)

This was very easy to prepare -  low carb, protein and fiber.  Poured a glass of iced coffee with coconut milk hazelnut creme and breakfast was served in less than 10 minutes!  

Out the door for a busy week...

No comments:

Post a Comment